Extending greetings on the occasion of the 75th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ will infuse new energy and new consciousness among the countrymen.
“Greetings to you all on Independence Day. May this year of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ infuse new energy and new consciousness among the countrymen. Jai Hind!” tweeted PM Modi
Greetings to you all on Independence Day. आप सभी को 75वें स्वतंत्रता दिवस की बहुत-बहुत बधाई। आजादी के अमृत महोत्स… https://t.co/BMeqGoyB5I
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1628986941000
The Prime Minister on Sunday paid tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat before addressing the nation at the Red Fort in Delhi on the occasion of Independence Day. He also hoisted the Indian national flag to on this historic day.
* The Prime Minister said, “I would like to begin by conveying greetings on this special occasion of Independence Day. This is a day to remember our great freedom fighters.”
* PM Modi personalities who have contributed to the freedom struggle of India
* He thanks Covid warriors who have fought against the pandemic bravely. “Doctors, nurses, paramedical staff, sanitation workers, scientists and the citizens who were working with a sense of service – all those who devoted every moment to serve others in this period, deserve applause,” the PM says.
* The Prime Minister has urged the nation to applaud the achievement of the athletes who have made India proud at Tokyo Olympics. They have not only won our hearts but also inspired future generations, he said.
* “We can proudly say that the largest Covid-19 vaccination program is being run in India today. More than 54 crore people have received vaccine doses so far,” the PM Modi said at Red Fort.
* The PM said a decision has been taken to observe August 14 as Partition Horrors Remembrance Day, to honour the pain and sufferings faced by the people of India during the partition.
* Indians have fought against the pandemic with a lot of patience and we had many challenges but we worked with extraordinary pace in every area, he said on Sunday. It’s a result of strength of our industrialists & scientists, that today India doesn’t need to depend on any other nation for vaccines, the PM said.
* As per the Prime Minister, today, the time has come in India’s development journey when the country can take itself forward with new resolutions.
* ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayaas (Cooperation, development, trust and effort put by all )’ is very important for the achievement of all our goals, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in his speech.